On Tue, 2 Nov 2021 18:48:06 GMT, Mark Sheppard <mshep...@openjdk.org> wrote:

>> Here's a bit of archaeology. I found the original JDK-8136583 patch, which
>> has moved from where it was in the RFR to
>> https://cr.openjdk.java.net/~martin/webrevs/jdk9/blessed-modifier-order/.
>> That patch doesn't change Object.java. The RFR thread mentions neither that
>> javadoc change nor any javadoc change for that matter. So either the script
>> was different, or Martin filtered that line (from Object.java) out before
>> creating the webrev.
>>
>> Now, in his followup thread on core-libs-dev,
>> http://mail.openjdk.java.net/pipermail/core-libs-dev/2015-September/035273.html,
>>  Martin specifically pointed out javadoc changes and said that they seem
>> fine to him.
>
> "to each his own". I think static synchronized reads best and more natural
> than synchronzied static. Also from a semantic point of view as it conveys
> class level characteristic thus lends static to having a prominence in
> specified order.

Pragmatically, fix the script to ignore those keywords on comment lines.
Learn Perl, its just a regular expression pattern match and replace expression.

All of the changes have to be manually reviewed by the author and then the
reviewers.
Checking unneeded changes is part of every mechanical change.

The text being changed in the javadoc is the *spec*; that deserves special
attention in review.

But having seen several reviewers be unmoved by the difference, the real
pragmatic view
is to ignore the English.