On Mon, Oct 05, 2026 at 05:05:22PM +0100, Alan Bateman wrote:
> On 05/10/2026 15:44, Harald Eilertsen wrote:
> > On Mon, Oct 05, 2026 at 03:09:10PM +0100, Daniel Fuchs wrote:
> > > On 05/10/2026 14:49, Jaikiran Pai wrote:
> > > > And just to clarify, are you proposing that change only in the BSD port
> > > > repo or is that being considered for JDK mainline? I think it might be
> > > > OK to propose it to JDK mainline itself given the nature of the change.
> > > > Alan, Daniel or Michael, do you think it should be OK to do that in JDK
> > > > mainline?
> > > The change look reasonable to me. I have not much experience with
> > > the build system though, but it is my understanding that
> > > _ALLBSD_SOURCE should be defined if MACOSX is defined, at least
> > > for the networking library native code.
> > Yes, _ALLBSD_SOURCE included MACOSX, _BSDONLY_SOURCE is only the BSDs
> > without MACOSX.
> >
> I think this should be okay.

Thanks a lot for the feedback everyone! As I understand it you want me
to prepare a PR directly for mainline instead of this one targeting the
bsd-port?

Take care!
Harald

Reply via email to