I'm breaking down and going to try to build Net-SNMP for myself
on MS Windows for 64 bit operation ...

I found a Win 7 box running on an Intel x64 capable processor.

I've downloaded both Net-SNMP 5.6.1.1 and 5.7.1
I also installed Visual Studio 10 and Activestate Perl (for x64)

I've read, and re-read the README.win32 but still can't get
past the start-line.

The first step talks about running VCVARS32.BAT, and when I do
(and also with VCVARSALL.BAT) I get an error:

Error: Cannot determine the location of the VS Common Tools folder.

So then I tried the 'Workspace - Building' approach and there
(with straight x32 bit build) using win32.dsw (and after it
asks me to allow it to convert the file) it starts building,
but is constantly complaining about 'cannot find
net-snmp/net-snmp-config.h

Can anyone suggest a procedure for me, or point me to a definitive
email in an archive, or something?

TIA
Fulko