Hello,

I hope I am reaching the correct audience here. I am trying to build
net-snmp 5.7.2.1 (I am also tried to build 5.6).
I have downloaded and installed GNU C from HP site.

Problem:
After compiling, installing and running snmptrapd with %b in config file,
when I send the traps to that machine, I get [0.0.0.0]:0->[0.0.0.0]:0 as
source and destination ip:port for the trap.
When I install the depot file, it runs sort of fine. I am actually trying
to fix the problem where in version 5.7.2 the local IP address is printed
instead of the trap's source IP address and the destination IP (which may
be localhost) is 0.0.0.0.

My compilation or configuration options seems to have messed something up?

My .config file contains:
format2 %y-%02.2m-%02.2l %02.2h:%02.2j:%02.2k %b PDU:[%P]%V|#|%
VARS:\t%vEOR\n

The output for %b is as I told you is [0.0.0.0]:0->[0.0.0.0]:0 with my
compilation but when I install it using the .depot file it gives me
[localip]:port->[0.0.0.0]:0

I am running the configuration as following

# export CC=/opt/hp-gcc/bin/gcc
# export CXX=/opt/hp-gcc/bin/g++
# export CFLAGS="-w -mlp64 -D_MACHINE_SYS_GETPPDP_INCLUDED"
# export CXXFLAGS="-w -mlp64 D_HPUX_SOURCE"
# export LDFLAGS="-L/opt/hp-gcc/lib/hpux64/ -Wl,-ashared_archive"
# ./configure --enable-debugging (or without it)

The configuration works fine on the screen. When I check the log there are
many fatal errors. Most of them are failure to find.h files like
netinet/tcp_timer.h and sys/sockio.h etc. I can provide you with complete
list if you like.

After configure I can make (thats an issue in itself when I have to change
$(FEATUREFILE): $(FTOBJS) $(top_builddir)/include/net-snmp/feature-details.h
into
FEATUREFILE: $(FTOBJS) $(top_builddir)/include/net-snmp/feature-details.h
into 3-4 Makefile to fix the error and make it)
I can then install and receive traps).

My solution requires me to read these IP addresses correctly.
Thanks.