Hallo Ulrich,

I'm not a NET-SNMP expert, but I have remarks about the mib itself.

Le 02/09/2015 11:07, Ulrich Windl a écrit :

> I'm working with an older version of Net-SNMP. I have a question:
>
> My MIB uses an enum "iotwTimingSchedPolicy" that is defined as
> iotwSchedPolicyEnum ::= Integer32 {

A syntax must begin with an upper case letter : IotwSchedPolicyEnum

>     schedPolicy-nice    (0),
>     schedPolicy-batch   (1),
>     schedPolicy-FIFO    (2),
>     schedPolicy-idle    (3),
>     schedPolicy-other   (4),
>     schedPolicy-RR      (5),

I'm not sure that the last comma (,) is allowed.

> }
>
> And it us used as
> iotwObjectEntrySyntax ::= SEQUENCE {

Upper case initial is mandatory for IotwObjectEntrySyntax

> (...)
>     iotwTimingSchedPolicy       iotwSchedPolicyEnum,

Lower case initial for the object (iotwTimingSchedPolicy) but upper case
for the syntax (IotwSchedPolicyEnum).

> (..)
> }
>
> (...)
> iotwTimingSchedPolicy OBJECT-TYPE
>     SYNTAX      iotwSchedPolicyEnum

IotwSchedPolicyEnum

>     MAX-ACCESS  read-write
>     STATUS      optional

Since you have a MAX-ACCESS, your mib is defined in SMIv2, then a STATUS
can't be 'optional' (possible values are 'current', 'deprecated' and
'obsolete').

> (...)
>
> I realized that mib2c and snmptranslate both cannot find out the type of the
> variable.

Probably because the type is not valid (missing upper case initial)

> I'm new in MIB-writing, so maybe I mad mistakes, but the tools don't complain
> about errors. Ideas?

I found this in NET-SNMP FAQ :

http://www.net-snmp.org/docs/FAQ.html#How_can_I_get_more_information_about_problems_with_MIB_files_

<cit.>
  For a more rigourous validation, use a tool such as 'smilint', or the
  on-line interface at http://wwwsnmp.cs.utwente.nl/ietf/mibs/validate/
</cit.>

Regards,
--