On Thu, 12 Apr 2018 10:31:13 -0500 Ian wrote:
IB> This morning we (Keith, Ian) met with an assortment of the
IB> NET-SNMP developers / contributors (primarily Bart Van Assche)
IB> to discuss how we could best help the project. The meeting went
IB> well, at least form our perspective.

I'm sorry I missed this meeting. I'm almost always on IRC, but
sometimes go a while without checking the mailing list.

IB> The pain points we identified were:
IB>
IB> * bug mountain
IB> * help users on the mailing list
IB> * patch / MR handling process

Yep, those are biggies.

IB> * move out of SourceForge

We've had recent discussions on this, and I think we'll be moving
the source to github in the near future.

IB> * clean up headers in /include/net-snmp/system/ which are a
IB> mess and have import loops
IB>
IB> * #ifdef hell / too many supported configurations

I'm a little nervous about these one, especially with folks that are
new to the code base. And as far as supported configurations, we're
very big on backwards compatibility.

As 5.8 is getting really close to going out the door, this type of
cleanup likely won't make it into that release.

Got any cmake experts? One of the planned items for 5.9 is moving
to cmake. The bulk of the work is done (patches from VMware against
5.7), but work will be needed to integrate to master and put on the
finishing touches.

Robert