On 3/26/24 02:10, Craig Small via Net-snmp-coders wrote:
This email is about working out how the LM-SENSORS MIB should be updated. If it was just a matter of updating the SNMP agent, I'd just create a pull request but the MIB is (might be?) different.

The issue is that Gauge32 can only represent a non-negative integer (ref RFC 2578). which means if the temperature sensor reads negative values, which does happen.

How do I get this MIB updated? I'm willing to write it up and the change for the agent, would a PR for the MIB be enough or does it need to go through some sort of other approval process?

Please submit a pull request that adds a new MIB object with the desired characteristics (MIB changes + code changes). Anyone who disagrees can speak up now or can comment on the pull request.

Thanks,

Bart.