I'm trying to implement my own interfaces table (.1.3.6.1.2.1.2).  I've configured
snmp 5.1.1 with:

            --with-out-mib-modules=mibII/interfaces \
            --with-out-mib-modules=mibII/ip \
            --with-out-mib-modules=mibII/tcpTable \
            --with-out-mib-modules=mibII/udp \
            --with-out-mib-modules=mibII/udpTable

and built snmpd.  I used mib2c to generate code for the interfaces mib, filled in the
template, and built my AgentX subagent with the code to handle interfaces.  I've
instrumented the code with snmp_log() statements that show me what functions are being
called.  I can get the ifNumber:

  snmpget -v 2c -c PUBLIC mysys RFC1213-MIB::ifNumber.0
  RFC1213-MIB::ifNumber.0 = INTEGER: 9

but If I do:

  snmpget -v 2c -c PUBLIC mysys RFC1213-MIB::ifIndex.1

snmpd dies silently without calling any of the functions in the subagent.  There's
nothing in snmpd.log after the startup messages.  Any thoughts...?  TIA.

                             Chris