>     My problem now is how do I set authentication and privacy
> capabilities in this SNMPv3 Agent. For example, I tried to start it with
> the snmpd.conf file below:
>
> createUser helcio MD5 bravo

OK - that looks fine.
(The "createUser" line would typically go in the /var/net-snmp/snmpd.conf
file, while the access control entries belong in /usr/local/share/snmp
or similar, but that's not important right now).

And your access control entries look OK too
(well, they'd be easier to read if there wasn't so much whitespace,
 so they didn't line-wrap, but that's not really relevant either).

>     Where bravo is my authentication password. So, I tried to
> communicate with this Agent, but all I got is the  following message:
>
> Sending PDUFailed to authenticate the SecurityParameters for user helcio
> USMUserEntry not found for this user. TimeSynchronization failure could
> have occured

You must have done something wrong.

Yes, I know that's not very helpful, but it's the best I can do with
the information you gave.   Now if you'd told us exactly *how* you
tried to communicate with the agent - i.e. the precise command you
gave - maybe I could have been of more assistance.