> Yep, it's pretty new, and documentation is usually pretty low priority.
>

> err... well, for the request to even get to the sub-agent, it has to get
> through vacm community string checks. I hope you weren't planning on bypassing
> those.

Nah, not bypaassing - just allowing access to all the community
strings on my list, and retreiving the value for the subagent to
decide which data to return.

> If you check the recent snmpd.conf man page, the com2sec token can specify a
> context, which you could easily make the same as the community string, and thus
> the sub-agent would get passed the community string as the context.
>
> com2sec -Cn host10-10-10-1 mynet default host10-10-10-1
> com2sec -Cn host10-10-10-2 mynet default host10-10-10-2

This is exactly what I want to do.  I understand the man page
instructions, but not clear on which data structure would contain the
contextName  - it shows up in snmp_pdu and snmp_session - which I
beleive are the same (
http://www.net-snmp-org/tutorial-5/agent/annotated.html ).  I'll have
a go at it and see what comes of it.

Correct  me if I am wrong here: Using this approach, I am forced to
use V3 at the client?

Thanks again Robert.