[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
Hello,

I am having a problem I just can not figure out with snmptrapd. I simply
wrote  traphandler script to echo Hello World out to the screen when a
certain trap is detected. To set this up I configured
/usr/local/share/snmp/snmptrapd.conf with the following lines

<snip>

traphandle .1.3.6.1.4.1.89.35.1.0.3 /root/traphandle

The problem is when I run snmptrapd and the trap with stated OID is
generated snmptrapd just exits and I do not get any output from my
traphandler even though snmptrapd  1) receives the trap and 2) finds and
knows about the traphandler. I get the same result if I replace the
specific OID with the default directive.
Here is the command Im using:

 /usr/local/sbin/snmptrapd -Lo -Dall -On -C -c
/usr/local/share/snmp/snmptrapd.conf

You didn't specify -f, so snmptrapd will fork to the background so you will never see any output to STDOUT. Try this:

snmptrapd -f -Lo -On -C -c /usr/local/share/snmp/snmptrapd.conf

Alex