Hello,

  I'm using Net-Snmp on Debian (version 5.1.1-2) and I've built a simple
application which
send a trap to a SNMP server, using the API in snmp_api.[hc].
  My application is run by a simple user (without root's rights) and when it
has done its job,
it calls snmp_shutdown("<my-app>")
which produces traces like :

No log handling enabled - turning on stderr logging
read_config_store open failure on /var/lib/snmp/<my-app>.conf
read_config_store open failure on /var/lib/snmp/<my-app>.conf
read_config_store open failure on /var/lib/snmp/<my-app>.conf

I've looked at the sources and found that it comes from the first function
call in
snmp_shutdown : snmp_store(type) which tries to save persistent data in
the persistent directory, /var/lib/snmp on Debian, which is owned by root.

  Is there a solution to avoid this saving of persistent data (I don't need
anyway I think) ?

        Thanks for any advice,

                Frédéric Boiteux