Mike> I have created my own MIB which defines a single
Mike> oblect. Although, my MIB module worked perfectly in
Mike> ucd-snmp-4.2.6, I cannot make it work in the current
Mike> version. More speciffically, I ahve configured teh agent
Mike> including the new MIB module and I can see the MIB module inside
Mike> the SMI when I am using the

Mike> snmptranslate -IR -Tp my_module

Mike> command. However, when I am trying to query the object value I
Mike> am receiving the following error:

Mike> Error in packet
Mike> Reason: (noSuchName) There is no such variable name in this MIB.
Mike> Failed object: trapflag-MIB : : trapflag.0

Well....  Without knowing how you've configured your agent and how
your submitting the query I can't say much.  however, double check:

1) that you can see other variables using the same command to make
   sure your access is set up right.

2) run the agent with "-f -Le -Dmib_init" and make sure the debugging
   output shows your module name being initialized.  If not, other problems.

--
Wes Hardaker
Sparta