Sridhar> As seen above, NULL is returned if the query is for ifIndex =
Sridhar> 1 and should return the actual value if ifIndex = 2. With the
Sridhar> above code in place, when I did a walk on 'ifSpeed' at the
Sridhar> manager side I am getting the error 'IF-MIB::ifSpeed = No
Sridhar> Such Instance currently exists at this OID'.

Do you have at least 2 interfaces?  You'd need to if your ignoring the
first and expect results back still.

I'd have to study your changes in greater detail but since what you're
trying to do is a bit strange I can't say what you've done will work
though in theory it should if you did it right.

--
Wes Hardaker
Sparta