Thanks, Alex.  Yes, I needed both patches, and yes, they worked like a
charm!

-----Original Message-----
From: Alex Burger [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, April 26, 2005 7:56 PM
To: Roberts, Allison R.
Cc: net-snmp-users@lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: Re: Net-snmp winsock build errors on Cygwin

Roberts, Allison R. wrote:
> Greetings,
>   I am compiling the net-snmp 5.2.1 package on Cygwin under XP (sp2)
> and have run into errors due to winsock.h.
>
> I used the recommended win32 configure:
> sh configure --with-mib-modules="host agentx disman/event-mib
> examples/example" --with-out-mib-modules=host/hr_network
>
> During make, I get the following error from
> agent/mibgroup/host/hr_swrun.c:82:
>
> winsock.h: error: redefinition of 'struct timeval'
>
> and many more similar errors....
>
> Does anyone have any suggestions on how to get past this problem?
> Thanks!

Please try the attached patch patch-cygwin-host_res and let me know if
it solves your problem.

Are you using an older installation of Cygwin?  I am using a recent
version, and I also had an error regarding PID_ZOMBIE.  The attached
patch patch-cygwin-PID_ZOMBIE should fix that problem if you upgrade
your Cygwin.

Alex