>> I've been looking for a reference, preferably an RFC, which defines
>> this behavior, but I'm failing to find one.
>>
>> Is this defined behavior, or would this just an implementation
>> decision in an area where the standard doesn't specify an exact
>> behavior?

Dave> The standards do not specify an exact behaviour.  Indeed, they
Dave> *explicitly* don't dictate how retransmissions should be
Dave> handled.

Actually, that's true from the PDU sense but from the
SNMP-NOTIFICATION-MIB/SNMP-TARGET-MIB standard usage, they define how
retransmissions occur from a standard point of view if those MIBs are
what's driving the original transmission.

--
Wes Hardaker
Sparta, Inc.