Actually i was doing a cross compiling for
fusiv_linux.
        I found out the problem since it was using wrong
ar and ranlib that problem occured. Now i hav solved
that one.
        Thanks for replying.

        But i am facing the following problem now ,

                linux_kernal.c
which is inside ,

                agent/mibgroup/mibII

is not included in Makefiles and there were some linker
errors happening. I manually included that file in the
Makefile and its able to link.

        The following is the options which i hav used in
configure,
        ./configure --with-cc='lx4189-uclibc-gcc' --host='mips' --target='mips'
--with-endianness=big--with-ar='/opt/kenati/lx4189-kenati-linux/bin/ar'
--libdir='/opt/fusiv_linux/uClibc-0.9.26/'
--libexecdir='/opt/fusiv_linux/uClibc-0.9.26/'
--includedir='/opt/fusiv_linux/uClibc-0.9.26'
--with-cflags='-static'

what may be the cause of the problem....?
please suggest some soultion...

--
regards,
Vivek M