Thomas Anders wrote:

John Hardin wrote:

I'm using NET-SNMP 5.2.1 which I have extended with my own
MIB and configured to proxy for Squid (the caching software).
Squid is running on the same machine but implements its own agent,
which is listening on UDP port 3401.   The problem is that when I
walk my MIB with the proxy for Squid enabled, the walk terminates
badly.

This seems to be a continuation of a thread you started about a month ago: http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/forum.php?thread_id=7155293&forum_id=4959

Is this just a summary of the discussion back then (which you should have referenced) or does it contain any new information?

+Thomas

If these conditions are related, I'm unaware of it, though they both involve
proxying for Squid.  My previous post was about the SNMP agent crashing
(segfaulting, I believe) when proxying for Squid.  Though I'm not aware of
a fix for that issue, I got a fix from the Squid team that to avoid the issue.
(Squid was assuming a GETNEXT requests only a single object so it wouldn't
return a valid response.)  The Net-SNMP agent was behaving correctly except
that it would crash upon receiving an invalid response from Squid.

The current problem seems to be purely misbehavior of the SNMP agent.
It's requesting objects over the proxy connection which are not below the
OID specified in the proxy config.

I'm in the process of trying to reproduce this behavior with my MIB implementation
removed from the agent build.