Jeyachitra Ramshankar wrote:
I am using net-snmp manager to receive informs.
The engineId String value is being logged as some junk value dumph_recv: msgAuthoritativeEngineID
dumpx_recv:        04 0D 2E 2E 2E E5 2E 35 2E 2E 2E ED 2E 4E 43
dumpv_recv:         String:  ...å.5...í.NC

But my custom agent(other than net-snmp) was not able to decode the engineId from the received packet as it is.
It prints some other junk
Context Engine Id   = [EMAIL PROTECTED]@[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Why it differs?  What might be the cause for this issue?

- One is the authoritative angine id, the other is the context engine id.
- compare hex dumps, not the attempts to interpret as strings
- informs to different destinations are *expected* to use different authoritative engineids (because it needs to use match the engineid of the receiver)
- use a packet sniffer (Ethereal) to see the real data that is sent
- we can't help with problems (if any) of your non-net-snmp custom agent

+Thomas