Thanks Irwin,

It's great that you replied!
Have I followed the correct route with ...
1. compiled freeradius with the '--with-snmp' option
2. modified the freeradius snmp.conf file to include

smux_password = verysecret

2. modified the radiusd.conf file with

        snmp = yes
        $INCLUDE  ${confdir}/snmp.conf

3. modified the net-snmp snmpd.conf file to include

smuxpeer .1.3.6.1.4.1.3317.1.3.1 verysecret

??

I configured net-snmp with the following ...

./configure --prefix=/usr
--with-mib-modules="host disman/event-mib ucd-snmp/diskio smux agentx
mibII/mta_sendmail" --with-default-snmp-version="1"
--with-logfile="/var/log/snmpd.log"
--with-persistent-directory="/var/net-snmp"
--with-perl-modules --with-cc=/usr/local/bin/gcc

Is this also correct?

The only reference to smux here is in the 'mib-modules' section.

I am also using version 5.2.2 which doesn't help matters.
I will admit from my previous mail that I have no knowledge of smux.

How do you think I should proceed to get this working?

Thanks

Regards

Andy

--
perl -e "print qq^bIG VeRN ! ^^qq^#'#Yv#=<D+ ^"

This e-mail is private and may be confidential and is for the intended
recipient only.  If misdirected, please notify us by telephone and confirm that
it has been deleted from your system and any copies destroyed.  If you are not
the intended recipient you are strictly prohibited from using, printing,
copying, distributing or disseminating this e-mail or any information contained
in it.  We use reasonable endeavours to virus scan all e-mails leaving the
Company but no warranty is given that this e-mail and any attachments are virus
free.  You should undertake your own virus checking.  The right to monitor
e-mail communications through our network is reserved by us.