On 05/09/06, Arnaud BODENAN <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Thanks Dave. What I've done now is:

I'm sorry - this code is meaningless to me.
You're listing assorted numeric OIDs, but I have no idea what MIB
objects they refer to.

I'm pretty sure that they aren't correct, since:

> // Declare the top Oid for my table
> oid genServerTableOid[] =   { 1, 3, 6, 1, 4, 1, 99999, 10000, 1, 1 };

> // Define the oid of the first column from the index returned
> oid genServerAllocatedOid[] =    { 1, 3, 6, 1, 4, 1, 99999, 10000, 1, 1,
> allocatedIndex };

don't seem to match.   I'd expect another field in the column-instance
OID array.
But you've never listed your MIB file, so I'm forced to guess. And
quite frankly, I don't have the time to waste at the moment.

I'm also not confident that initialising an array using another
variable is particularly safe.
You'd probably be much safer using a dummy placeholder field, and
explicitly inserting the index value:

oid genServerAllocatedOid[] =    { 1, 3, 6, 1, 4, 1, 99999, 10000, 1,
1, 1?,  999 };
genServerAllocatedOid[ genServerAllocatedOidLen-1 ] = allocatedIndex;

> // Set the range_subid to the first column of the row
> handlerServerTable->range_subid = genServerAllocatedOid;

No
The range_subid is an *index* into this array - not the whole OID.
Please re-read the AgentX specifications.  You clearly haven't grasped
how this mechanism works.

> // set the range_ubound ???
> handlerServerTable->range_ubound = allocatedIndex;

No.
This is the value of the maximum column *object* subidentifier (the
bit you seem to have omitted in the earlier code).   Not the row index
(instance) subidentifier.

> If I understand you, I should set range_ubound to 5 (I have five columns in
> my row) ?

Yes.   Or at least Probably.
I can't be sure, 'cos you've never shown us the MIB file that defines
this table.
If there are five columns in the table, they would typically be numbered 1..5,
in which case range_ubound would indeed be 5.
   But if they're numbered 2..6 (for example) then ubound would be 6.