Dear Dave:

The detail serial instructions is following:

export MIBS=ALL
mib2c netSnmpExamples

then the message show   .

  ..not having a "valid OID".....

so I try to use snmptranslate to make sure i can get correct OID, then i give the instruction:

  Snmptranslate –IR netSnmpExamples

 The result is

   NET-SNMP-EXAMPLES-MIB::netSnmpExamples

That means, the agent still can find out netSnmpExamples, somehow, the
 mib2c still failed.
So , I try to write

 netSnmpExamples   Object Identifier::={netSnmp 2}

into its imported MIB, NET-SNMP-MIB, to make sure the snmp agent can find the valid oid
from NET-SNMP-MIB to NET-SNMP-EXAMPLES-MIB,
however, when i execute mib2c again, the error message is the same as above description.
and the snmptranslate still can work, I don't know why.  Can you give me any advice about that, thank you.

Best Regards,

Clement Hsu

On 13/10/06, Clement Hsu <[EMAIL PROTECTED] > wrote:
> when I try to translate netSnmpExamples(from NET-SNMP-EXAMPLES-MIB)
> into .c and .h , the error message is
>   showen as following:
>
>   ..not having a "valid OID".....

What is the exact command that you are using?

>   so , i modified the related OID, such like included netSnmpExamples
> Object Identifier::={netSnmp 2} to its imported MIB (NET-SNMP-MIB),
> and also append netSnmp to its related imported MIB

It's not clear what you mean by this, but it sounds as if you might be
editing the MIB file itself.  This should not be necessary.

Please indicate the *exact* commands that you've tried, rather than
forcing us to guess.