Hi,
what's the command you typed?

try like these:
snmpget -v1 -c public localhost system
snmpget -v1 -c public localhost sysName.0
etc.

(you should add " rwcommunity public" to  snmpd.conf,and  restart  snmpd)

what will you see  after that  ?

Jiang

On 1/31/07, sarathy <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Hi,
       Thanks for the reply. I have already tried those you have
mentioned. But the problem is NET-SNMP does not report error messages
properly. It reports the same error "Timeout: No reponse from server:161"
for the following 3 cases:

1. While specifying incorrect community string in snmpget for version 1
and 2c.
2. While specifying incorrect password/passphrase in snmpget for version
3.
3. While specifying incorrect agent port in an snmpget.

Hence is such cases, i thought if net-snmp outputs an error code, i can
process it accordingly.

Thanks,
Sarathy

On 1/31/07, jiang jilin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi,
> Have you ever run snmpget,snmpgetnext etc. to get a non-exist  OID  ?
> just look  at the output carefully and maybe you would get what you
> want.
>
> Jiang
>
> On 1/31/07, sarathy <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> >  Hi all,
> >           Is there a way to capture SNMP v2 error codes [ noAccess (6)
> > , wrongType(7), notWritable (17) ... ], through net-snmp commands ( snmpget,
> > snmpgetnext ... ) ???
> >
> > Please do clarify,
> > Sarathy
> >

> > --
> > Mob: +91 99001 97505
> > Off: 080 - 4184 7134

> > Join SourceForge.net's Techsay panel and you'll get the chance to
> > share your

Mob: +91 99001 97505
Off: 080 - 4184 7134