Hello :

        I have some problem wen install the packet : net-snmp-5.4-1.src.rpm (I
download from www.net-snmp.org) .
First time , I log with root ,when I install it , it display like below:

[EMAIL PROTECTED] tmp]# rpm -ivh net-snmp-5.4-1.src.rpm
   1:net-snmp               warning: user hardaker does not exist - using root
########################################### [100%]
warning: user hardaker does not exist - using root
[EMAIL PROTECTED] tmp]#

       So I  add a new user : hardaker . when I log with hardaker:

[EMAIL PROTECTED] tmp]$ rpm -ivh net-snmp-5.4-1.src.rpm
error: cannot create %sourcedir /usr/src/redhat/SOURCES
[EMAIL PROTECTED] tmp]$

       Now  I change the promission of the files

[EMAIL PROTECTED] tmp]# chmod 0666 /usr

[EMAIL PROTECTED] tmp]# su hardaker
bash: id: command not found
bash: id: command not found
bash: dircolors: command not found
[EMAIL PROTECTED] tmp]$
[EMAIL PROTECTED] tmp]$
[EMAIL PROTECTED] tmp]$
[EMAIL PROTECTED] tmp]$ rpm -ivh net-snmp-5.4-1.src.rpm
rpm: error while loading shared libraries: librpm-4.4.so: cannot open shared obj
ect file: Permission denied

      I want to know why I can not install it correctly ?

      Because my machine could not install a compiler . if I install the packet
: net-snmp-5.4-1.src.rpm , can my subagent  run in this machine ?(I compile
subagent at another machine which have compiler).

     Thank you !!
                                      Good wishs for you!