-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Dave Shield
Sent: Monday, April 23, 2007 5:10 AM
To: Wilde, Donald
Cc: net-snmp-users@lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: Re: Getsa and walks by name

> The bigger surprise (and the one that I think is getting me) is that
> even though both the daemon and the snmpwalk seem to _find_ the
> DELL-CMC-MIB file, only the daemon _imports_ its definitions.

> ./configure command line:
>
> # ./configure --enable-mini-agent --with-mibdirs="/etc/snmp/mibs"
> --with-mib-modules="DELL-CMC-MIB" ....

Ah - that's probably not quite right.
The option "--with-mib-modules" controls what code is compiled into
the agent.   This invocation will cause the build to look for files

    DELL-CMC-MIB.{c,h}

in the 'agent/mibgroup' directory.
That doesn't (of itself) affect the list of MIB files to be loaded by
default.

What you probably want is the configure options

   --with-mibs="+DELL-CMC-MIB"

which *does* add this MIB to the default list.

Dave

Hi, Dave -

At _configure_ time??? Pardon my density, but why would I want to change
that at configure time? I thought that was the purpose of the snmp.conf
prop declaration 'mibs +DELL-CMC-MIB'.

Is there a lurker in there that makes one app work properly with the
load-time switch and one app not? I thought every app looked at
snmp.conf?

--
Don Wilde                           512-723-8255
Dell, Incorporated         Austin, Texas, USA