Hi,

I am using NetSNMP version 5.4.

I implemented an agentx subagent and I want to use caching for my scalar
values.
It looks like the stash cache would be just what I am looking for. However I
can not use it, as the header file that declares the method I wanted to use
(netsnmp_get_timed_stash_cache_handler) is not there.

It seems it does not get installed.

Here's the error message from g++
src/snmpagent/balancemanagerMIB.cpp:13:40: error:
net-snmp/agent/stash_cache.h: No such file or directory
src/snmpagent/balancemanagerMIB.cpp:162:
error: 'netsnmp_get_timed_stash_cache_handler' was not declared in this scope

I checked, and there really is no agent/stash_cache.h file
Any help is appreciated.

P.S.
this is a snippet of my code that I wanted to compile

  netsnmp_handler_registration * p_reginfo = 0;

  p_reginfo = netsnmp_create_handler_registration(
    "totalBalances",
    balancemanager_handle_totalBalances,
    totalBalances_oid,
    OID_LENGTH(totalBalances_oid),
    HANDLER_CAN_RONLY
  );

  netsnmp_inject_handler(
    p_reginfo,
      netsnmp_get_timed_stash_cache_handler(
      0, // expire after NETSNMP_DS_AGENT_CACHE_TIMEOUT seconds
//    1, // expire after 1 second
      totalBalances_oid,
      OID_LENGTH(totalBalances_oid)
    )