Dear Listers,

I have a problem I have been trying to solve for some time now and
cannot seem to find a solution anywhere...

Deployed on my servers Redhat with net-snmp-5.1.2-11.EL4.7. All of the
servers are multi-homed with bond0(10.102.178.12) for data traffic and
eth2(172.22.11.39) for management traffic.

The problem is the "agent-addr" field in the SNMP v1 traps. It is
sending the IP address of the data interface, bond0. This is causing
issues with the network management software, which cannot associate the
IP address with a defined management address. After some testing I have
found that if the bond0 interface is down, then it send the eth2 ip
address as the "agent-addr". This leads me to believe that the snmpd is
sending the first active interface configured and up on the box.

Has anybody had to solve this issue before?
--
Dougal Ballantyne
*Hippotje Limited*