On 03/07/07, Shivani Garg <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Probably, for my kind of setup, wherein I want more than one sub-agent to
> register exactly the same OIDs in the MIB, the later option should be more
> approriate. Can you help me with this.. I am using SNMPv2 at my end, where
> do I define this context/community string now?

There are two web pages that cover elements of this.
The FAQ entry
     How can I register a MIB module in a different (SNMPv3) context?
          http://www.net-snmp.org/wiki/index.php/FAQ:Coding_22

covers the code changes needed in your MIB module, in order to register
the MIB object(s) in the appropriate context.

The first section of the Wiki page
    Setting up access control for proxy access to multiple devices
           http://www.net-snmp.org/wiki/index.php/Snmpd_proxy

covers the snmpd.conf changes needed to map SNMPv2 requests into
this context.