Hello Dave,

thanks for replying. For some odd reason I did not get your mail on Tuesday.

I am desperately trying different settings in snmpd.conf but w/o any success.

The current settings are:

com2sec paranoid  default         public
com2sec readonly  default         public
com2sec readwrite default         private

com2sec local     localhost       private

####
# Second, map the security names into group names:

#               sec.model  sec.name
group MyROSystem v1        paranoid
group MyROSystem v2c       paranoid
group MyROSystem usm       paranoid
group MyROGroup v1         readonly
group MyROGroup v2c        readonly
group MyROGroup usm        readonly
group MyRWGroup v1         readwrite
group MyRWGroup v2c        readwrite
group MyRWGroup usm        readwrite

group local   v1         local
group local   v2c        local
group local   usm        local

####
# Third, create a view for us to let the groups have rights to:

#           incl/excl subtree                          mask
#view all    included  .1                               ff
view all    included  .1                               80
#view system included  .iso.org.dod.internet.mgmt.mib-2.system

view system included  system                           fe
view mib2   included  .iso.org.dod.internet.mgmt.mib-2 fc

####
# Finally, grant the 2 groups access to the 1 view with different
# write permissions:

#                context sec.model sec.level match  read   write  notif
access MyROSystem ""     any       noauth    exact  system none   none
access MyROGroup ""      any       noauth    exact  all    none   none
access MyRWGroup ""      any       noauth    exact  all    all    none

access local   ""      any       noauth    exact  all    all   all

I am testing on the same machine as localhost.

Thanks.

Milan