On 02/11/2007, HongGuo Liu <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>     Actually,i want to broadcast a pdu to get the instance of
> RFC1213-MIB::sysDscr.0 object.But when i broadcast the pdu there is no
> response.
> And my broadcast procedure has no problem via testing carefully.What's wrong
> with the agent or anything should broadcast together with the pdu ?

Hmm... I'm not sure how well the Net-SNMP client APIs will cope
with broadcast traffic.  They're really designed to work with unicast
directed requests.

I would suggest that you start with a simple GET request to a
particular known system, and check that you get a response from
it.   Once you're happy that this is working, then try tweaking the
client code to send a broadcast instead (leaving everything else the
same).
   But it's definitely worth starting off with a simpler setup first.