        Oddly, this is completely coincidental.  As I'm doing a `make install`:

<SNIP>
install:  installed snmp_perl_trapd.pl in
/c/mike/wrk/net-snmp-2/iroot/share/snmp
make[1]: Leaving directory `/c/mike/wrk/net-snmp-2/net-snmp-5.4.1/apps'
making install in /c/mike/wrk/net-snmp-2/net-snmp-5.4.1/man
make[1]: Entering directory `/c/mike/wrk/net-snmp-2/net-snmp-5.4.1/man'
mkdir /c/mike/wrk/net-snmp-2/iroot/man
mkdir /c/mike/wrk/net-snmp-2/iroot/man/man1
mkdir /c/mike/wrk/net-snmp-2/iroot/man/man3
mkdir /c/mike/wrk/net-snmp-2/iroot/man/man5
mkdir /c/mike/wrk/net-snmp-2/iroot/man/man8
make[1]: *** No rule to make target `../sedscript', needed by `snmpbulkget.1'.
Stop.
make[1]: Leaving directory `/c/mike/wrk/net-snmp-2/net-snmp-5.4.1/man'
make: *** [installsubdirs] Error 1
</SNIP>

        Now, the error isn't the same, but it's also a sedcript problem... or
is it?

        Turns out I ran `make install` without first running make:

<SNIP file="Makefile">
# installlibs handles local, ucd and subdir libs. need to do subdir libs
# before bins, sinze those libs may be needed for successful linking
install: installlocalheaders  \
         installlibs \
         installlocalbin      installlocalsbin   \
         installsubdirs      $(OTHERINSTALL)
</SNIP>

        Unlike some Makefile configurations, that is not permitted here.

        OP, could this be an issue?  I know it's a longshot, but I thought I'd
check.  Barring that, have you tried `make distclean` followed by
re-configuring?

        HTH,

Mike