On 12/02/2008, Mariusz Iwański <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > .... try deleting the block of code from
> >
> >     sedscript:  sedscript.in ....
> >
> > through to
> >
> >    EXAMPLE.conf: sedscript EXAMPLE.conf.def
> >        $(SED) -f sedscript $(srcdir)/EXAMPLE.conf.def > EXAMPLE.conf
> >

> Nothing works I still get error :
> Makefile:218: *** commands commence before first target.  Stop.

Ummm...
Then I'm stumped.

I've checked your Makefile against my 5.4.x version, and there
are basically no significant differences (and such as there are
are nowhere near the offending line!).

> Is it possible that problem is with "sed" command ??

If you've followed the instuctions above, then this should have
deleted any mention of sed at all.   This feels much more like
a problem with "make" and/or the Makefile itself.

If you move the block from "local build rules" up to
"extra install rules" to the end of the Makefile, does
the location of the error move with it?

Otherwise, I'm out of idea.
Over to the rest of you....