> From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
> Behalf Of Umesh Kamath
> Sent: Thursday, March 27, 2008 2:21 PM

> Cc: [EMAIL PROTECTED];
> [EMAIL PROTECTED];

        [You can CC yourself if you like, but please trim the bounce address
before sending.  Thanks!]

> I have tried snmpget, snmpgetnext and others commands are
> working except snmptrap. I ran the snmptrapd as sudo root and
> ran the snmptrap  as my user "uk1577".  I am getting below error
>
> snmptrap -v 1 -c public localhost "" "" 0 0  ""
> read_config_store open failure on /var/net-snmp/snmpapp.conf
> read_config_store open failure on /var/net-snmp/snmpapp.conf
> read_config_store open failure on /var/net-snmp/snmpapp.conf
>

> when i checked snmpapp.conf file  under  /var/net-snmp
> directory  is missing

        There are circumstances under which root cannot ask certain file
systems, most notably NFS, but, just like  Dave previously mentioned, this will
not cause any problems running the snmptrapd engine.  It will only cause
problems restarting it, which you won't care about until you can start it in
the first place, right?

> Here is snmptrapd.conf output
>
> I added community is public

        How?

> traphandle  SNMPv2-MIB::coldStart        /umesh/uttara/trap.sh cold
> traphandle  SNMPv2-MIB::warmStart        /umesh/uttara/trap.sh warm
> traphandle  IF-MIB::linkDown             /umesh/uttara/trap.sh down
> traphandle  IF-MIB::linkUp               /umesh/uttara/trap.sh up

        This looks OK, but where is the access control that permits traphandle?

        Add the paste of the startup sequence - command run and output, please.

        HTH,

Mike