Thomas,

        I found out this morning that the native agent does not like being on an
alt. port no matter what we do to it. After putting it back to the standard 161
port everything is pulling correctly. Basically I swapped the Net-SNMP and AIX
daemons and they are reporting correctly. For the most part the proxy commands
are reporting the IpAddrTable with about a 75% success rating. There are still
the odd times that it times out but I can live with that. Since its all static
IP addresses the IP Address updates are not that important in the scheme of
things.

> > I am going to try compiling a clean version of net-snmp when I get in
> > tomorrow as
> > I was not the one who started this process and they are unavailable to ask
> > what
> > options they compiles/configured this install with.
>
> Why not. But how would this fix your current problem?
The vendor that supplies our hardware and custom software has a history of
making
small changes to the software that drives our team nuts when it no longer works
as expected. I was hoping that I can sanitize the build some and allow it to be
closer to the Net-SNMP defaults. This has helped us in the past getting a ton of
packages working.

I am thinking that this problem can be marked solved. Thanks for the help
everyone.

On Wed, 21 May 2008 00:25:50 +0200
Thomas Anders <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Michael Osburn wrote:
> > running "snmpgetnext -v 1 -c public -d localhost:1610 .1.3.6.1.2.1.4.20"
> > returns the following
> >
> > iso.3.6.1.2.1.11.1.0 = Counter32: 2
>
> Just to double-check: it's really the AIX native agent that's running on
> port 1610 (as requested), right?
>
> If so, then the result above would mean that ipAddrTable isn't supported
> by the native AIX agent, so there wouldn't be much point in proxying
> that table to that agent.
>
> > I am going to try compiling a clean version of net-snmp when I get in
> > tomorrow as
> > I was not the one who started this process and they are unavailable to ask
> > what
> > options they compiles/configured this install with.
>
> Why not. But how would this fix your current problem?
>

> +Thomas

Michael Osburn
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
CAS Engineering
Cheyenne Uplink
Echostar Communications LLC
Desk phone (307) 633-5232

This e-mail and its attachments is intended only for the person or
and/or privileged material. Any review, retransmission,
dissemination or other use of, or taking of any action in
reliance upon, this information by persons or entities other than
the intended recipient is prohibited.
delete the material from any computer.