In an attempt to send traps from a standalone, I've done the following:

create_trap_session("localhost", 0, "public", 1, SNMP_MSG_TRAP2);
init_traps();
[ populate notification_vars ]
send_v2trap(notification_vars);

But without success. When I step through in gdb, the sinks list is
empty. I've tried using netsnmp_config("trap2sink localhost"); as
well. (Also, snmpd_parse_config_trap2sink("", "localhost");, but that
segfaults in a tokenizer - even when there's whitespace around
localhost - and I can't really see why.)

Am I doing something ludicriously wrong somewhere? Does anyone happen
to have sample code (I've searched!) for sending a trap from a
standalone? Or even for create_trap_session?

Cheers,
-Dan