2008/6/13 dan anderson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
> In an attempt to send traps from a standalone, I've done the following:
>
> create_trap_session("localhost", 0, "public", 1, SNMP_MSG_TRAP2);
> init_traps();
> [ populate notification_vars ]
> send_v2trap(notification_vars);

It's not clear what you mean by "a standalone".

The 'send_v2trap' routine is part of the agent API.
If you're working with a standalone application, then
this won't work.   You'll need to use 'snmptrap.c' as
a template in this case.

But from the rest of your post, it sounds as if you are
working with some sort of agent.

>     When I step through in gdb, the sinks list is empty.

That's normal.
This list is a left-over from the early days of the project.

Now, traps are handled by the Notification MIB module.
That's the purpose of  the SNMPD_CALLBACK_SEND_TRAP[12]
calls towards the end of netsnmp_send_traps.

> Does anyone happen to have sample code (I've searched!)
> for sending a trap from a standalone?

What do you mean by "a standalone"?