        I think you mean that you wrote a subagent, and that net-snmp is your
master agent.  If that is not the case, we cannot offer much help.

> Problem is ppp interfaces change many times during the
> day. I see that my agent is saving some data related to the interfaces
> that gets written as ifXTable entries in the permanent storage when
> the system shuts down.
>
> Question is: Will this saved data grow beyond limit? Will my system
> finally crash after say one year? Is there a maximum number of
> recorded ifXTable entries? Can I limit this behaviour?

        I know nothing about the ifXTable, so I can't be of much help, but I
believe there is another relevant question here (which I also cannot answer,
unfortunately): what is the growth behavior of the persistence file?  I assume
that you are using the net-snmp persistence API.

> I am running 5.4.2 from svn embedded on an arm device with a small
> flash disk. Thats why I worry.

        Well, at least you're running the best!

        HTH,

Mike