        No, nor should it.  By declaring your data as OCTET STRING, you promise
to give SNMP 8 bit data units (commonly called "bytes").  SNMP promises to
preserve the order of those octets and the bits within them.  That's it.  SNMP
neither knows nor cares what will be done with the octets, it just passes them
around.  The content of the data is an application issue, not an SNMP issue.

        You may be intereted in adding a DISPLAY-HINT to your MIB - see
RFC2579, section 3.1.  Also, look at the manpage for snmpcmd (i.e., the manpage
that documents net-snmp common flags), in the "OUTPUT OPTIONS" section.

        HTH,

Mike