Hi Elad:

I hope I'm not confusing matters for you, but it sounds like you're
encountering the same situation we encountered a year or so ago, where we
needed to have V1 traps sent with a specific chosen interface addr of the
options available on a multihomed system--reason being that only one of the
addresses on the agent would properly reverse-DNS map when looked up by our
management station client that was running its own trap daemon and receiving
the trap.

Aside from the fact you're using informs, sound like you?  OK, either way, it
might be worth reading my original bug report with submitted patch to 5.4.1:

http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/message.php?msg_id=E1KL19H-0003hG-Ja%40b55xhf1.ch3.sourceforge.com

There is some history here.  A guy named Jan Safranek from Red Hat got me
constructively motivated to actually submit this patch, but it was after he'd
submitted his own, which as I recall was almost identical (certainly was
functionally) to solve the same problem (my snmpd.conf param is
"agenttrapaddr", Jan's was something else.  The discussion in this report
discussed why I don't think "clientaddr" affects what you want to affect.

Now, both Jan and I submitted our patches (Jan's came in much earlier because
he's more on top of it it sounds like :), and net-snmp bug authorities were
piecing out which or what kind of hybrid to use.  I don't know if that was
resolved for an official patch release or not.  If so, use that.  Either way,
we've been running with this patch successfully for over a year now.

Note that this *only* affects agent-initiated traps (from monitor directives in
snmpd.conf).  Also, I didn't test this with informs yet, but as I recall the
code flow, both should be positively affected.

I'll try to follow the digest better than usual if you have any followup
questions here...hope this helps!

Regards,
Wayne Tackabury
Mirror Image Internet