On Mon, Nov 17, 2008 at 09:52:19AM -0500, Cardoza, Eric D. wrote:
> Hello SNMP Experts.
>

> The snmp packages on this particular system may be very old, but they
> are the newest I can find on Red Hat Network for RHEL4.  We will be
> upgrading to RHEL5 soon.

FWIW, RHEL5u1 ships with net-snmp-5.3.1-19.el5.i386.rpm  u2 is out, but
I don't have an image of that disc.  CentOS 5.2 ships with
net-snmp-5.3.1-24.el5.i386.rpm

You're never going to get the latest stable release with Red Hat or
CentOS.  They're enterprise-class OSes, where stability and
predictability are far more important than having the latest code.  If
you wanted to keep this stuff more up-to-date, you could try Fedora, but
you're also much more likely to be chasing weird bugs and
inconsistencies.

Too bad Dag Wieers doesn't have a net-snmp package...