From: dave.shi...@googlemail.com [mailto:dave.shi...@googlemail.com] On Behalf
Of Dave Shield
Sent: quinta-feira, 19 de Fevereiro de 2009 16:37
To: Sergio Cabaço
Cc: net-snmp-cod...@lists.sourceforge.net; net-snmp-users@lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: Re: Changing passwords using net-snmp 5.3.2

2009/2/19 Sergio Cabaço <sergio.cab...@edisoft.pt>:
> My passwords are greater than 8 chars. Another thing I've notice is that, the
> engineBoot is always 1
> and never increments? I thing this might be a problem but I don't know the
> solution either.
> This engineBoot is in the same file, the snmpd.conf.

Hmmmm...it sounds like the agent is failing to rewrite the
(persistent) snmpd.conf file.
That would certainly explain the behaviour you are seeing.
(Although it wouldn't explain why the createUser line is disappearing..)

I presume you are running this as root?

All I can suggestis that you try

    snmpd -f -Le -Dread_config
    ^C

Then look through the debug output.
You ought to see various lines of the form:

   read_config: storing: ......

Is there anything like that?

Also, what do you see if you run

   snmpd -f -Le
   ^C

(i.e. no debug output at all).
Are there any error or warning messages?