2009/2/20 Sergio Cabaço <sergio.cab...@edisoft.pt>:
>    when I try to send a snmpusm...passwd it doesn't like and returns me an
> error:
>
> Error in packet.
> Reason: inconsistentName (That object can not currently be created)
> Failed object: SNMP-USER-BASED-SM-MIB::usmUserAuthKeyChange.".....
>
> When the agent is restarted, and I try to do the same thing, the keys are
> changed (successfully).

I can confirm that I've reproduced this behaviour.

It's just turned 11pm in the UK, so I don't propose to track down the
problem tonight :-)     But it is definitely a bug in the agent.

In the short term, the workaround is to stop and restart the agent
immediately after having created the initial user.