2009/7/1 malar vizhi <malar...@gmail.com>:
> Where I have freezed is to calculate the total number of ticks...How should
> I calculate the total no of ticks?

See the documentation for the O/S in question.
Probably fairly low-level documentation (kernel internals, etc)

This is *very* system specific!

>..or will it be always  0.01 seconds for all OS?...

That's probably the most likely, yes.

But try it for yourself.   Take a known system, monitor it for a while
(both via SNMP and other tools), and look at the results you get.

You should be able to tell fairly quickly whether this is centiseconds or not.