I have all the packages installed on one of the good install systems now
installed on the problem system and I have refreshed the tarball again and I
still am not writing any Makefiles or net-snmp-config.  I tried the suggesstion
to create detailed output but had to do it from memory (I was too quick with
the delete from my Blackberry) and what I have shows no errors.  Some files are
being written (libtool, libtoolT) and the snmp directory is created.  There is
plenty of available space for the file (I copied a Makefile from another system
to verify).  The creates are being requested but config.log looks to be
returning an error code that I can not interpret

config.status:825: creating Makefile
config.status:825: creating snmplib/Makefile
config.status:825: creating apps/Makefile
config.status:825: creating apps/snmpnetstat/Makefile
config.status:825: creating agent/Makefile
config.status:825: creating agent/helpers/Makefile
config.status:825: creating agent/mibgroup/Makefile
config.status:825: creating local/Makefile
config.status:825: creating testing/Makefile
config.status:825: creating man/Makefile
config.status:825: creating mibs/Makefile
config.status:825: creating net-snmp-config
config.status:933: creating include/net-snmp/net-snmp-config.h
config.status:1238: executing default commands

I am at a loss as to the cause of this (I even downloaded 5.5 pre2 to try it)
and think I may have to shift to Red Hat to see if they have an explanation.

--
Bill Dodge
email: bdo...@vm-vse4metrodc.com

"If you don't know where you are going, any road will take you there."
Lewis Carroll
"If you don't know where you are, a map won't help" Unknown