Hi all,

This is my first time dabbling with the snmptrapd program.  I am using
Ubuntu on a fairly unmodified snmp setup.

Just trying to set up a very basic email forwarder so that all snmp
traps are sent via email to the administrators address.

The snmptrapd.conf I am using is

"

authCommunity log public

traphandle default /usr/bin/perl /usr/bin/traptoemail -s localhost -f
<FROMADDRESS> <MYADDRESS>

"

I can see the traps being logged in the syslog when snmptrapd is
running, but I do not receive any emails.

I have also tried the following test of the traptoemail script and
received the email fine.

"(echo localhost; echo 127.0.0.1; echo snmpTrapOID oidValue ; echo
sysUpTime 1) | /usr/bin/traptoemail -f <FROMADDRESS> -s localhost
<MYADDRESS>"

I am now completely stuck, I have tried every variation I can find for
the traphandle line and still nothing.

Is there anyway I can debug what snmptrapd is doing other that the
default syslog output?

Thanks in advance.

Dan Kingdon