Hello Everybody...

This is my first post to this mailing list...I am new to SNMP...will you plz
guide me howto use this packages( I have net-snmp 5.4.2.1) installed on
Solaris. I had gone through all the theories of it...I need some guidelines
on the following point :-

   -  How to start with agent (starting and stopping checking status)
   - Where can i find related ".conf " files
   - How to use "set,get,getnext etc." commands
   - Does net-snmp provide any gui
   - Which MIB Browser to use for easy understanding as well as Advance
   management.

TIY

AJEET GUPTA

On Tue, Feb 16, 2010 at 2:18 PM, Ashish vashishtha <
ashish.vashish...@gmail.com> wrote:

> hello ,
>
> is there any way to convert string to oid.
>
> for example i have a string string str that contains numeric oid like
> 1.3.6.1.1.1.1
>
> how i convert it as OID type?
>
> --
> Regards