On 22 February 2010 06:26, rakesh zingade <rakeshzing...@gmail.com> wrote:

>>My snmptrapd.conf contains: (does it even matter?)
>
>>authCommunity log public
>>logOption f /cygwin/var/log/snmptrapd.log
>
> you can try below config line
>
> authCommunity   log,execute,net    public

How will that help?
The original config included authorisation for logging traps.
which is all that Ben is doing.
  Adding authorisation for running commands or forwarding
traps won't affect the fact that snmptrapd is struggling to
parse the trap in the first place.

Ben - I can't immediately see anything wrong with either
your setup, or the incoming request.   I don't think it's
anything to do with the MIB files either.   Things are failing
earlier than that.

Can you get your device to generate SNMPv2 traps
instead of SNMPv1 ones?

Try starting the trap daemon using

    snmptrapd -f -Lo -d

and get the device to generate a single trap.
What do you see?