On 19 May 2010 01:04, Joan Landry <joan.lan...@overturenetworks.com> wrote:
> I would like to know if there is a way to configure net-snmp via
> snmpd.conf to correctly send traps or informs

See the section of snmpd.conf(5) entitled "Notification Handling".
In particular, SNMPv3 notifications are configured using "trapsess".
You'll probably need to consult the relevant tutorial as well
(referenced in that man page section)

>                                                   based on the
> snmpNotifyTable, snmpNotifyFilterProfileTable, snmpNotifyFilterTable,
> snmpTargetAddrTable, and the snmpTargetParamsTable

The config file directive will populate these tables appropriately.