From: Ron Rader [mailto:ron.ra...@cipheroptics.com]
Sent: Wednesday, May 19, 2010 5:56 PM
To: Joan Landry
Cc: net-snmp-users@lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: RE: v3 informs - snmpd.conf

> From: Joan Landry [mailto:joan.lan...@overturenetworks.com]
> Am I missing something?

  Reviewing

http://www.net-snmp.org/tutorial/tutorial-5/commands/snmptrap-v3.html

I notice "The difference is that SNMPv3 TRAPs use the engineID of the
local application sending the trap rather than the engineID of the
remote application. This means that you have to create users in your
remote user database with a bit more care and need to create one for
every engineID you wish to send traps from."

  Did you create a "v3user4" with the appropriate engineID on the trap
receiving side?

  Also try starting your agent with the "-d" flag for messages in
response to generated SNMP packets, might help isolate the problem.

  Ron

The information contained in this message may be privileged and
confidential and protected from disclosure. If the reader of this
responsible for delivering this message to the intended recipient, you
are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of
communication in error, please notify us immediately by replying to the
message and deleting all copies. Thank you.