On 16 July 2010 19:50, Malathi Panyam <malathipan...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> node> snmpgetnext -v2c -c public <ip address> ifPhysAddress.8
> IF-MIB::ifPhysAddress.9 = STRING:
>       30:30:3a:31:30:3a:32:33:3a:63:30:3a:34:32:3a:35:64

I presume you were expecting to see a value of
    00:10:23:c0:42:5d
?

Because I'd suggest that it is the agent (and the other MIB browser)
that is at fault here.   The value you list above is a hex dump of the
string "00:10:23:c0:42:5d" - i.e. the agent seems to be returning the
ifPhysAddress as a printable string.
  But if you check the specification of the MIB object, it's should actually
be *binary* string (of six octets).   The snmpgetnext command is
interpreting the value as such a binary string (overlength, but it
doesn't worry about that).